Part-Time, Seasonal Shipping & Receiving Associate
The Artisan's Bench is seeking a Part-Time, Seasonal Retail Sales Associate for the upcoming holiday season. We’re a small, independent business in downtown Brighton, specializing in unique, quality, handmade goods from artists in Michigan and around the country, as well as hand-knotted rugs. Our small team is dedicated to providing the best customer service experience possible, for customers both in store and online. We believe in the beauty and value of handmade goods and are looking for a candidate who shares those values.
As a busy, growing business, we are looking for someone who can come in and help handle the daily operations of running the store during the holidays to give us the bandwidth to best serve our customers. The right candidate is someone who is a natural born helper and thrives in a support role - seeing what needs to be done and taking care of it as needed. It’s important to be able to learn on the job and pick things up quickly. The perfect fit will be someone who is enthusiastic about art, energetic, and not afraid to do the work.
Job Description & Duties
- Friendly customer service (greeting, helping with selections, check-out, and wrapping)
- Gift wrapping
- Visual merchandising
- Keeping the store clean and tidy
- Handling area rugs as needed
- Shipping and receiving assistance
- Customer service experience
- Heavy lifting (must be able to pick up 50 lbs) - going up and down stairs and carrying heavy things (often at the same time), as well as handling large area rugs
- Detail-oriented and good at in-the-moment problem solving
- Have the ability to multitask in a busy shop environment
- Happy to be in a support role
- Comfortable handling and moving fragile items
- Are energetic and comfortable being on your feet most of the day
- Are comfortable with computers & pick up new software quickly
- Want to be part of a dedicated, passionate, and fun-loving team
- Have a very strong work ethic and take pride in what you do
YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Are passionate about art & believe in the magic of handmade
- Have an engaging, cheerful personality
- Have great observation skills (noticing when co-workers need help, when an area needs to be cleaned or restocked, etc)
- Get enjoyment from a job well done
- Love working closely with co-workers as part of a team
The gallery is open Tuesday-Sunday with extended hours during the holidays. Weekend availability is a must. Weekly hours could range from 15-38 depending on the week (will ramp up between Thanksgiving and Christmas). This is being offered as a seasonal position through the holiday season, and there could be potential for longer term scheduling depending on fit and need.
To apply and be considered, send the following items to Attention: Shipping and Receiving Manager
1) Cover letter explaining why you're the best fit for the job and why you're interested in working at The Artisan's Bench specifically.
$13-15 per hour commensurate with experience and fit. We are a very small business and can not offer a health insurance package.
We're following all COVID-19 related mandates as they are put into effect. The Artisan's Bench is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an open and inclusive environment.