Shipping & Receiving Manager
The Artisan's Bench is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Manager. We’re a small, independent business in downtown Brighton, specializing in unique, quality, handmade goods from artists in Michigan and around the country, as well as hand-knotted rugs. Our small team is dedicated to providing the best customer service experience possible, for customers both in store and online. We believe in the beauty and value of handmade goods as well as, working hard and playing hard. We are looking for a candidate who shares those values.
Job Description & Duties
- Manually package product and label packages in preparation for shipping. Items must be packaged in a detailed, specific manner in order to be received intact as many items are fragile.
- Manage the shipment and receipt of all e-commerce orders.
- Track, trace and monitor the status of outgoing packages.
- Collaborate and communicate with store managers, customers, and shipping companies to ensure all items are sent out and received by customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Promptly unload deliveries, inventory and stock incoming product.
- Engage with supervisors, staff and customers with a positive attitude.
- Perform basic website maintenance such as listing input, data entry, etc.
- Occasionally provide customer service in the store, including but not limited to
- Greeting customers in the shop and on the phone
- Assisting customers with making selections
- Wrapping fragile and delicate items for shipping and pickup from store
- This position requires heavy lifting and the ability to go up and down stairs while carrying heavy loads many times a day.
- Energetic and used to being on your feet most of the day.
- Excellent organizational skills and close attention to detail. You will be responsible for overseeing the shipment of 20-50 packages a day.
- Proactive self-starter who requires minimal management.
- Extraordinary communication and collaboration skills. We are a small dedicated team, communication is essential to keeping daily operations running smoothly.
- An ability to create and maintain systems, and creatively problem solve.
- A desire to be part of a small but dedicated, passionate, and fun-loving team. A positive attitude is very much appreciated.
- Flexibility - this can be a very fast paced environment and at times you will need to pivot what you are doing throughout the day.
- At least one year of shipping/logistics, retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Are comfortable with computers and pick up new software quickly.
Tuesday - Saturday with extended hours during the holiday season. Weekend availability is required.
$30,000-40,000 salary full time, depending on experience and fit. Yearly bonus awarded based on performance.
To apply and be considered, send the following items to Attention: Shipping and Receiving Manager
1) Cover letter explaining why you're the best fit for the job and why you're interested in working at The Artisan's Bench specifically.
We're following all COVID-19 related mandates as they are put into effect. The Artisan's Bench is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an open and inclusive environment.